Research and study where others spend their vacation!
UMIT is embedded in the six-hectare campus area of the Eduard Wallnöfer Zentrum (EWZ) - Center for Medical Innovation - in Hall in Tirol, Austria. The area is peripheral to the medieval old town of Hall in Tirol, approximately 10km from Tyrol’s capital Innsbruck. Spacious parks and green areas, modern teaching facilities, area-wide internet access through wireless LAN, a café/restaurant, various sports facilities and a panorama cafeteria provide a pleasant and performance-promoting atmosphere.
The campus of the Eduard Wallnöfer Zentrum (EWZ) - Center for Medical Innovation - features numerous service facilities for teachers, students and guests of UMIT which allow for working and studying in a comfortable atmosphere.
The following facilities can be found on the university campus:
- Campus Hotel - Students' residence on the campus
- kids - Right in the campus area, a day nursery is integrated in the students' residence which can also be used by students and employees of the campus.
- Baby changing and nursing room – in order to enable mothers to have an easy-going stay at the university, UMIT has a baby changing and nursing room.
- Retreat areas – additional retreat areas shall enhance the quality of stay at the university.
- Accessibility - UMIT offers barrier-free access to everyone, all facilities can be reached without outside assistance. Important features are, for example, access without steps, adequate large elevators and well-lit spacious rooms.
- Culinarium - The cafeteria which is jointly used with the employees of the hospitals of Hall in Tirol.
The campus operators
The TCC – Tirol Kliniken Competence Center GmbH - 51% of which is owned by the Tirol Kliniken GmbH and 49% of which is owned by the UMIT Holding, built a modern complex of buildings with lecture rooms, offices and conference rooms on the area of the Eduard Wallnöfer Zentrum (EWZ) - Centre for Medical Innovation - in Hall in Tirol. The campus meets all requirements of an educational center for medical research and teaching as well as information technology and provides the ideal environment for major events.
The advantages at a glance:
- Modern architecture
- Perfect use of synergies through shared resources
- Separate data center
- Underground car park
- Ideal infrastructure in an attractive environment
- Campus hotel - living and studying right on the campus
On a discovery tour through Hall, you will be able to explore maybe one of the most beautiful cities in Tyrol, characterized by its typical medieval layout. The old town, which ranks among Austria's best preserved old towns and which is even larger than the one of Tyrol’s capital Innsbruck, represents a perfect blend of medieval elements and modern architectural concepts, such as the Salzlager event center, the new university UMIT and the so-called Parkhotel.
The attractive buildings of the old town of Hall are evidence of the past of the wealthy town: In the Middle Ages, Hall turned into one of the most significant business locations of Northern Tyrol thanks to the salt production. The town already used to be an important place for trading at the river Inn during the Middle Ages. The sovereign mint, which was located in Hall from the middle of the 15th century, considerably contributed to the ongoing economic prosperity.
Today, Hall is a vibrant small town full of vitality where you can experience varied shopping facilities and classy hospitality amidst buildings rich in history. The lovingly restored old town of Hall and the area around the Burg Hasegg castle with its mint tower and the adjacent mint museum captivate visitors from all over the world throughout the year.